October 15, 2019 – 7th Annual LKNO Holiday Gala Concert & Dinner
September 5, 2018 – LKNO – A Season Opening Benefit Concert
March 18, 2018 – LKNO Spring Concert at Broad Street United Methodist Church, 4/15/18
November 27, 2017 – LKNO Holiday Gala Concert & Dinner at Langtree Plantation
September 18, 2017 – LKNO @ Mitchell Community College 10/28/17
May 9, 2017 – LKNO @ Daveste Vineyards – Saturday, 5/20/17
April 15, 2017 – LKNO Spring at the Chapel Concert 4/22/17
November 15, 2016 – LKNO Annual Holiday Dinner & Gala Concert 12/17/16
November 4, 2016 – LKNO & Kannapolis Church of God Choir Concert 12/3-4
March 15, 2016 – Lake Norman Spring Concert – Saturday, April 9, 2016
August 17, 2015 – Lake Norman Orchestra – Concerto Concert with Special Guest Artists!
May 29, 2015 – Orchestra Brings Culture to Lake Norman
May 24, 2015 – Lake Norman Orchestra – Concert at Washington, DC!
May 16, 2015 – Lake Norman Orchestra – Concert at Daveste Vineyards!
March 28, 2015 – Lake Norman Orchestra – Spring Concert with Guest Artists!
Maestro Eduardo Cedeño holds a Master’s Degree in Music Theory from Butler University Jordan College of Music, Indianapolis, with additional professional studies during his career in the United States, Europe and South America. Cedeño studied conducting under the late Professor Emeritus Jackson Wiley, conductor of the Butler Symphony Orchestra.
As a founding member of the Simón Bolívar Symphony Orchestra, Director and Conductor of the Mérida Symphony Orchestra and Founding Member of the Coral Filarmónica de Caracas, Cedeño worked directly with the acclaimed Jose Antonio Abreu. Eduardo has collaborated with numerous organizations including the Philharmonic Orchestra of Indianapolis, Indianapolis Opera, Charlotte Civic Orchestra, UNCC Opera, Carolina Voices and orchestras in Venezuela. Cedeño currently serves as Principal Conductor and Music Director of the Lake Norman Orchestra in Mooresville, North Carolina, which has been recognized for its performance and collaboration in both Vienna and in Salzburg, Austria. He has also served as a Consultant and Conductor for MusicalMinds Huntersville, North Carolina, a 501 (c) (3) project, founded by the Lake Norman Kiwanis Club, an El Sistema inspired project that through music, inspires social change in children and communities in the region of Lake Norman. As a Founding Member of El Sistema, Cedeño continues to offer his time and talents to support its efforts in his local community.
In addition to conducting the Lake Norman Orchestra, Cedeño presently serves as Adjunct Music Faculty at Mitchell Community College in Statesville, North Carolina, Band/Orchestra Conductor at Langtree Charter Academy Upper School, Orchestra Conductor of the Lake Norman Youth Orchestra, and Strings Instructor and Orchestra Conductor at Gaston School of the Arts in Gastonia, North Carolina.
MISSION The mission of the Lake Norman Orchestra is to perform amazing music with people of all ages. Our goal is to engage, inspire and educate the entire community through music that reflects our diverse culture and dynamic region.
- The Lake Norman Orchestra is the community’s only volunteer orchestra.
- The orchestra performs four to six concerts a year and draws more than 500 people per event.
- Maestro Eduardo Cedeño is Conductor, Violinist, Tenor and Educator with more than 25 years of global music experience.
- The Lake Norman Orchestra gives a wide range of performances – classical, popular and new sounds that appeal to the entire family.
- The Lake Norman Orchestra has more than 65 members ranging from 14 to 75+ years old.
Our Core Values are the hallmark elements that distinguish the Lake Norman Orchestra from other groups and programs. We strive to embrace our core values and exemplify these qualities in everything we do.
- Commitment to our organization and our community
- Excellence and variety in our performances
- Creativity and flexibility
- Open communication and a collaborative environment
- Accountability and reliability
- Honesty, loyalty, integrity, sensitivity and respect
- Responsibility and recognition
- Trust in our leadership and each other
- Appreciation of music through education
- Passionate about our mission
- Responsive to our communities – both internal and external
- Financial stability