October 15, 2019 – 7th Annual LKNO Holiday Gala Concert & Dinner
September 5, 2018 – LKNO – A Season Opening Benefit Concert
March 18, 2018 – LKNO Spring Concert at Broad Street United Methodist Church, 4/15/18
November 27, 2017 – LKNO Holiday Gala Concert & Dinner at Langtree Plantation
September 18, 2017 – LKNO @ Mitchell Community College 10/28/17
May 9, 2017 – LKNO @ Daveste Vineyards – Saturday, 5/20/17
April 15, 2017 – LKNO Spring at the Chapel Concert 4/22/17
November 15, 2016 – LKNO Annual Holiday Dinner & Gala Concert 12/17/16
November 4, 2016 – LKNO & Kannapolis Church of God Choir Concert 12/3-4
March 15, 2016 – Lake Norman Spring Concert – Saturday, April 9, 2016
August 17, 2015 – Lake Norman Orchestra – Concerto Concert with Special Guest Artists!
May 29, 2015 – Orchestra Brings Culture to Lake Norman
May 24, 2015 – Lake Norman Orchestra – Concert at Washington, DC!
May 16, 2015 – Lake Norman Orchestra – Concert at Daveste Vineyards!
March 28, 2015 – Lake Norman Orchestra – Spring Concert with Guest Artists!
Sam Kyzer has taught piano, guitar, orchestral strings, voice, and a wide variety of wind instruments through Ludmila European Performing Arts Academy in Cornelius for the past 12 years. He is a retired music teacher with almost four decades of service in public schools. He earned a bachelor’s degree in music education from the University of Georgia and a master’s degree at Louisiana State University. In addition to conducting school orchestras, choirs, and bands, he has directed church choirs, praise bands, and served as an associational mass choir coordinator. Sam is a professional trombonist, a trumpet soloist, and assistant director with the Salisbury Swing Band. He . He is the pianist and music director for Classic Broadway and More, a member of the Piedmont Classical Guitar Society, and played viola in the Lake Norman Orchestra prior to becoming the Interim Conductor. Mr. Kyzer enjoys his three adult children and six grandchildren and lives in Mooresville with his wife Jenny.
MISSION The mission of the Lake Norman Orchestra is to perform amazing music with people of all ages. Our goal is to engage, inspire and educate the entire community through music that reflects our diverse culture and dynamic region.
- The Lake Norman Orchestra is the community’s only volunteer orchestra.
- The orchestra performs four to six concerts a year and draws more than 500 people per event.
- The Lake Norman Orchestra gives a wide range of performances – classical, popular and new sounds that appeal to the entire family.
- The Lake Norman Orchestra has more than 65 members ranging from 14 to 75+ years old.
Our Core Values are the hallmark elements that distinguish the Lake Norman Orchestra from other groups and programs. We strive to embrace our core values and exemplify these qualities in everything we do.
- Commitment to our organization and our community
- Excellence and variety in our performances
- Creativity and flexibility
- Open communication and a collaborative environment
- Accountability and reliability
- Honesty, loyalty, integrity, sensitivity and respect
- Responsibility and recognition
- Trust in our leadership and each other
- Appreciation of music through education
- Passionate about our mission
- Responsive to our communities – both internal and external
- Financial stability